EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 21001:2018 specifies requirements for a management system for educational organizations (EOMS) when such an organization:
a) needs to demonstrate its ability to support the acquisition and development of competence through teaching, learning or research;
b) aims to enhance the satisfaction of learners, other beneficiaries and staff through the effective application of its EOMS, including processes for improvement of the system and assurance of conformity to the requirements of learners and other beneficiaries.
All requirements of ISO 21001:2018 are generic and intended to be applicable to any organization that uses a curriculum to support the development of competence through teaching, learning or research, regardless of the type, size or method of delivery.
ISO 21001:2018 can be applied to educational organizations within larger organizations whose core business is not education, such as professional training departments.
ISO 21001:2018 does not apply to organizations that only produce or manufacture educational products and are not involved in it delivery like educational boards etc.
Benefits of ISO 21001 certification:
- better alignment of educational mission, vision, objectives and action plans
- inclusive and equitable quality education for all;
- promotion of self-learning and lifelong learning opportunities
- more personalized learning and effective response to special educational needs
- consistent processes and evaluation tools to demonstrate and increase effectiveness and efficiency
- recognized means to enable organizations to demonstrate the commitment to education management practices in the most effective manner
- a model for improvement
- increased credibility of the educational organization
- The harmonization of national standards within an international framework
- widened participation of interested parties
- stimulation of excellence and innovation